The education system is ideally combined with technology. Applications provide an opportunity to make the learning process informative, interactive and fun. This attracts a wide audience, expands the opportunities for introducing new services and helps to get excellent interaction with the audience. Educational applications open up new opportunities for universities, schools, private teachers and training centers.
Mobile applications for education
Learning applications allow you to modify the teaching system and bring it to a new level. Moreover, this approach works both for conventional education in schools, universities and other educational institutions, and in private teaching. Learning with a mobile application is effective, and here’s why:
- Techniques and software packages are combined into one system and controlled from the user’s device . In other words, educational applications can combine several courses, educational programs, and the student does not have to use different applications or resources.
- Saving time, money, effort and resources . Many courses and educational programs require tools for clarification. For example, it is difficult to explain mathematics “on fingers”, or guitar lessons without a guitar. Learning applications can replace or be an alternative to such tools.
- Tracking progress and dynamics . Electronic statistics allows you to monitor progress, and tests control the learning process. So it is possible to implement applications for educational institutions. The student’s electronic diary, class attendance schedule and other tools make it easy to track the dynamics and progress of the student.
- Interactivity . The main advantage of educational applications is the possibility of interactive interaction with the user. Agree, physics is much easier to explain if many processes can be shown and made so that the student himself takes part in them in a playful way.
- Adjustment to needs and opportunities . The user of the mobile application can study on a trip, on vacation, during a break between work, whenever he wants. This opens up tremendous opportunities, customization gives flexibility and a unique offer.
- Easy monetization . Educational applications bring money to their owner, they are easy to monetize and introduce additional paid features.
Applications for educational activities not only bring profit to the business, but are also useful for the users themselves. Any project can be implemented.
What needs to be implemented
For an application to be effective, it is necessary to clearly understand its goals and objectives. Then it is easy to understand what features to implement and what should be implemented. But educational applications have one thing in common: some of their functions are related and should be implemented in most cases. What should be implemented:
- online diary or student success page;
- personal account with statistics, rates and other data;
- tools for adding audio, video and photo content;
- interactive tools for interesting interaction;
- assessment system, tests;
- monetization tools, if necessary;
- blog-type pages with information, answers to questions;
- pages with educational materials;
- a catalog of courses, lessons, classes that allows you to structure your records;
- communication tools with the teacher.
Of course, an individual set of functions is selected for each application. It depends on the cost, the timing of the task. Educational applications have clear goals and objectives. We define them together with you and help to implement the project from an idea to a fully functional program.
Features of mobile applications for schools and universities
Educational apps for schools, universities, and other formal educational institutions are somewhat different from commercial-type apps. They should act as an assistant to the student and replace the teacher at some points. Typically, they perform the following tasks:
- allow the student to receive additional information and knowledge, including through interactive interaction with the application;
- accelerate the exchange of information, improve interaction between the teacher and the student;
- create an educational community where each participant contributes to its development;
- simplify the assessment system and control over knowledge, as a rule, through testing and other methods of assessment;
- modernize the learning process, attracting more students and simplifying the understanding of the information received.
Educational applications significantly increase the interaction between the student and the educational institution. Control is simplified, the learning process becomes more interesting, easier and more accessible, and the systematization of the knowledge base allows you to update it in a timely manner.
Application examples for education
There are a lot of examples of training applications, we will give only a few that have been successfully implemented and are working:
- Word of the day . An application that takes 20 seconds of time. Every day it gives out a new word and its meaning. This is a mini dictionary that expands general knowledge and horizons.
- TED . This is an application that collects lectures from TED speakers from all over the world. A huge knowledge base where everyone will find a useful lecture for themselves. Most of the lectures are in English, which gives an additional boost to the language.
- Listen to audiobooks . Application for fans of audio content. A huge library of books that you can listen to at your convenience.
- codeacademy . If you want to level up in the IT industry, this app is for you. A lot of lectures, practical lessons on the basics of programming.
- Anatomy 4D . Application for those who want to learn everything about anatomy. English-speaking, but interactive is so developed that you can understand everything even without knowledge of the language.
- ARTSY Application for guides and art lovers. Study various paintings, their features. There are more than 10,000 paintings in the collection and they are replenished daily.
- Algebra Tutoring Course . Online math tutor. There are many problems, ranging from the simplest ones to problems from mathematical analysis. The application shows all stages of the calculation, shows errors and methods for solving them.
This is just a drop in a vast sea. Learning apps appear every day, but it’s easy to make them unique and as useful as possible. We at the Internet of Things know how to do it.
How do we create educational mobile apps?
We work on a proven algorithm that allows us to quickly understand tasks, form a concept and develop educational applications.
Stages of mobile application development
- Idea discussion . You come to us with your idea, and we “twist” it, form and create a shell for it.
- Analytics . Specialists check the niche, study demand, audience, make a growth forecast, study competitors. All data is collected to create an effective and popular application at once.
- Concept and prototype . Based on the data, we form a concept and create a prototype. So we begin to see our idea, and what should happen in the end. After the approval of the prototype, the terms of reference are created, and the specialists begin development.
- Design and technical development . Educational applications should be simple on the outside, but complex on the inside. The designer does everything to hide complex algorithms behind the simplicity and elegance of the interface. Programmers create working modules and turn the idea into reality.
- Testing and launch . The test is carried out, the application is checked for errors, and if the test is successful, it starts. We help to unload it to the sites, train your employees to use the tools.
Now your application is working. We at Internet of Things provide warranty support and accompany you from the idea stage to the full launch. Additionally, we provide promotion and technical support services.
Application development timeline
Educational applications differ greatly from each other in terms of functionality, interface, and tasks. Therefore, it is extremely difficult to say the development time. Approximately, training applications are created from 2 months. More precisely, we can only say after discussing the idea. Come to our office and our consultants will not only answer your questions, but also form an approximate cost and terms of the project.
The introduction of an application into the education system is an excellent solution for both business and government agencies. Modern society is moving towards technology, and the education system should not lag behind. This will help you get ahead of your competitors, become more accessible and expand your audience.
What are the benefits of an educational app?
Educational applications are useful both for businesses and for public schools, universities and other institutions. This is an opportunity to provide information in a convenient form, to introduce interactivity tools, where students can fully immerse themselves in the process. With such an application, you can expand your audience, keep it and control the effectiveness of education.
How much will it cost to develop an education app?
It all depends on the tasks and complexity of the project. What technology stack to implement, what functions should be implemented, what load on the application and other factors greatly affect the cost. Only after discussing the project can we talk about numbers.
How long does it take to create a mobile application for study?
The duration of such a project depends on the same factors as the cost. It is impossible to calculate the exact dates in principle, but approximate ones can be easily determined by the tasks that have been set.